WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
LHSF is an international, music-centric cancer charity dedicated to providing support for cancer centers, and inspiration to those affected, throughout the world. The mission is to save lives, right now, with the advances that have already been made in cancer care. We do not fund cancer research, rather we use our funds to purchase medical equipment and supplies, raise awareness through special events, documentaries and media, build cancer centers and find bone marrow donors.
WHY IS THIS OUR MISSION?
By 2010 cancer will be the world’s #1 killer and will touch each and every one of us in our lifetime. It is a global issue in need of support from a worldwide network. In 2007, LHSF was co-founded by leukemia survivors Mike Peters of the Welsh rock band The Alarm and President of CSI Entertainment James Chippendale who believe that awareness, early detection and proper treatment should not be a luxury and wanted to find a way to ensure that all people have access to the same resources that saved their lives.
HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS?
With headquarters in Denver, CO and chapters in Dallas, Peru, United Kingdom and Australia, the Love Hope Strength Foundation has performed concerts on 6 continents in just two year’s time. We led musical pilgrimages to remote venues such as the base camp of Everest, the top of The Empire State Building, the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu, and the glacier of Kilimanjaro and reach out through the universal language of music. We have also teamed up with DKMS to expand our reach by conducting bone marrow drives at the largest music festivals in the United States so that people, like founder James Chippendale himself, can find the match that will save their lives. .Joining the Love Hope Strength Army in the battle against cancer are musicians from every corner of the globe. High school bands and Nepalese folk singers, to legends in rock n’ roll such as members of The Cult, The Stray Cats, Gin Blossoms, The Fixx, Tokyo Police Club, Squeeze, Candlebox, Seether, Smithereens, Dick Dale, Everclear and hundreds more have done their part to help spread the word through music. Each event is documented under the guidance of critically acclaimed producer, Alex Coletti, to build awareness through programs like Everest Rocks, now airing on MTV’s High Def channel, Palladia.
WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR?
Funds from recent events have:
- Purchased the very first mammography machine for the country of Nepal.
- Purchased the first Nucletron brachytherapy afterloader (internal radiation) machine for the country of Nepal.
- Funded a mobile cancer unit in Peru which will educate, screen and treat up to 30,000 patients per year in remote regions of Peru.
- Funded the first children’s cancer center in Tanzania.
- Funded a new wing for a cancer care center in Wales.
- Supported the Valerie Fund in New Jersey, USA, a center for children with cancer and blood disorders.
- Added over 7,000 people to the national marrow database resulting in over 34 potentially life-saving matches.
- Brought supplies to cancer centers in need around the world.
- Sent cd’s and dvd’s to cancer centers around the world to brighten the day of patients through music.
- Created an army of LHS volunteers who perform amazing acts of kindness and generosity in their communities.
- Released the “Everest Rocks” documentary on MTV’s HD channel Palladia
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
Go to “Get Involved to check out all of the many things you can do bring love, hope and strength to the world.
Join the Army to be the first to know about our upcoming concerts and events.